- July 29, 2016
- 0 comment
- Posted by Yollocalli
- Chicago Slices, Opportunities
🖥Using Digital Media in the Classroom📱
Take part in a unique opportunity to learn how to integrate digital media in the classroom. Chicago Slices – Chicago Stories Then and Now is a pilot program providing new media tools, training and resources CPS High School teachers can implement in their classrooms.
The National Museum of Mexican Art and Yollocalli Art Reach, in partnership with Chicago History Museum, Media Burn, The Lamp, and Center for College Access and Success of NEIU, will provide support and training in how archival documentary Chicago-based media, such as videos, digital archives and museum collections, can be relevant to young people. Teachers will focus on strategies and content that can inspire young people to create their own digital stories focused on the history and current state of Chicago.
The teacher cohort advisors will develop and pilot lesson plans through a series of professional development sessions and meetings. To be part of the cohort of teacher advisors, teachers are required to commit to 1 introduction meeting on October 29th, 3 professional development sessions, sharing of lesson plans developed, and will share feedback on their in-classroom sessions.
Timeline: Program begins October 29th and runs throughout the 2016-2017 school year.
Participation Perks 😄:
- Become a part of a learning community with fellow high school teachers, museums and organizations
- Free museum memberships to NMMA and CHM
- Build skills on using media in the classroom from experts
- Access to a video editing resource and media community – Media Breaker
- Experience in curating from digital and museum collections for classroom use
- Professional development on: digital literacy, using media in the classroom, using research in the classroom, and using video editing tools in a classroom with limited resources.
- Possible other incentives after additional funding
Applications are due October 10th, 2016 at 10:00 pm. Please apply here – http://bit.ly/cohort1617
Please contact Vanessa Sanchez, Director of Yollocalli Arts Reach, at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Chicago Slices is funded byThe Hive Chicago Fund for Connected Learning (Fund) at The Chicago Community Trust.